A little over a month ago I had a brilliant idea. Brilliant, I tell you. I was tired of trying to squeeze in house cleaning at the end of a long school/sports/young women's/work day. Even though I am a "stay-at-home-mom" that does not mean I am the Widing family maid. So I started Family Cleaning Hour, aka FCH. Every Saturday morning from 9-10am we would unite in happiness that our house would soon be clean. In my head I pictured Jason and the kids singing my praises. The rules to Family Cleaning Hour are very simple.
1) Everyone participates.
2) We only have enough chores to last each person 1 hour.
3) We get it done and get on to something way more fun than cleaning.
Perfect, right?
Wrong. Wronnnnnnng. Wrong-o.
Just look at these faces. These are not the happy faces I pictured. Not even close.
So far we have yet to reach our 1 hour limit. It's been like 2 1/2 -3 hours each week due to weeping and wailing, and general gnashing of teeth. It's been ugly folks. I just don't get it. Wouldn't you rather clean for 1 hour once a week then drag it out for hours and hours during the week? I thought that my lil' crew would figure out that if they kept things generally picked up there would be less to do on Saturday mornings. I thought that.....well, it doesn't matter what I thought cause friends, I thought wrong.
The last 2 weeks Jason has mysteriously disappeared with "things" to do. But I am committed to this and we will continue on with FCH until I am triumphant in achieving my 1 hour goal WITH zero uprisings.
I'm in the trenches and I'm not coming our til I have success.
2 comments:
I don't know what your kids are thinking, but I think that's a great idea;) I may have to try this when my kids get a little older!
Nice. I like it. Stick with it. I just spent the entire day going through little girls' clothes and getting rid of things and storing things. I have a sneaking suspicion that once everything is packed up and put away I'll turn around to find that one, last, box that I didn't go through.
Post a Comment